Tell us your story!
You are a childhood and pediatric nutrition expert. Your unique skills include translating the science into practical, usable tools, and helping legislators understand nutrition and its impact on children’s health.
A real story can go a long way to draw passion and personalization to the issues. As pediatric dietitians, we see real life stories everyday!
- Do you know a child who benefits from school lunch?
- Do you have a story to tell about a nutrient or drug shortage?
- Do you know a child who didn’t get the help they needed because of insurance constraints? Or do you know of a child who is now able to get health care under the Affordable Care Act?
- Do you know a family who benefits from the WIC program?
- Do you know children whose parents use SNAP benefits to make nutritious meals?
Everyone has a story—let’s hear yours!
PNPG has a dedicated team devoted to educating members on public policy issues and communicating with legislators and policy leaders on behalf of pediatric nutrition-related legislation. To join the team, share your stories, ask questions, or submit suggestions, please contact the PNPG public policy team firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the Academy’s Policy Initiative and Advocacy (PIA) team at 1-800-877-0877.